Wednesday, May 21, 2008

One Week to go!

I leave in a week.  Wow, one week and I will being the next chapter of my life.  I have some nervousness.  My mom asked me if  I was having second thoughts today, I said no, so as she put it I should not be nervous.   Wisdom from a wise woman.  I do have some fear of the adjustments that I will have to make, but I think that's normal, why else would they give me a whole book on it to review.  The first part just talked about the weather and language issues.  I am excited about this though, I have learned that I grow the most when I have to, change is always around no matter how much I wish for simplicity.  I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.  

Ohio front, mom and I missed the fishing season by a whole two months.  Thats my story and I'm stick-en to it.  LOL.  It has been great being so close to nature.  It beautiful here, green and fresh.  A little bit colder than I would like, but  suspect this will one of the adjustments I will be making while in Armenia so its a head start for me.  

The language aspect is coming, slowly.  It's so hard, but I think my host family and training will be where I will grow the most.  I need some help breaking down the language some more.  I have a hard time hearing the words.  I made some flash cards that I have been reviewing.  Every little bit helps.  

Next week I will be posting my address for PST.  You will be able to send things to that address for the three-four months that I will be in training.  

No comments: